- You must be at least 13 years old to use the service.
- You are obliged you to pay €3 for further use after five check-ins.
- You are responsible for all activity that occurs via the user account you create.
- You must not in any way pretend to be someone else than who you really are in the service, by username or else.
- You are responsible for keeping your password confidential.
- You are responsible for having the necessary knowledge and equipment when you go out on trips using TOPPS. Some of the trips described by TOPPS require guide, special knowledge and special equipment for glacier, climbing or similar, depending on experience.
- TOPPS utilizes mapping and location information from third-party vendors (Google, The Norwegian Mapping Authority etc.). Both these data, the positioning services in phones, as well as information submitted by users, may contain errors. TOPPS disclaims all liability arising from the use of this data. If you have comments on the information made available this may be sent to: [email@example.com].
- You must not publish images through the Service that contain nudity or content that is violent, discriminatory, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, or sexual nature.
- You agree that you will not collect user information on other TOPPS users.
- Do not publish private or confidential information via the service, nor content that you do not have copyright.
- You must not use the service for unauthorized or illegal purposes.
- You are responsible for your actions and data, text, images or other content that you submit and publish through the service.
- You may not modify, revise, adapt or modify the content of the service, or modify or rework other sites so that they give the impression of being associated TOPPS.
- You must not create or submit unwanted email messages, comments, or other messages (also known as “spam”) to other TOPPS users.
- TOPPS seldom accepts other than full name at registering and check-in. Exceptions may be companies with their own account.
- We reserve the right to revoke username for any reason and without notice.
- You should not perform any actions that may interfere with or disrupt the service or servers / networks connected to the service, including transfer malware or code of harmful character.
- TOPPS guidelines should be followed.
- You must not create user accounts in unauthorized ways.
- You must not prevent others from using the service.
- TOPPS reserves the right to make changes in the terms of usage, but will inform you about the change in a timely manner. You agree that we may notify you of such changes by email.
- You can disable your TOPPS account by contacting us. We also reserve the right to close your access to the service, without notice and without obligation to you, for breach of the terms of usage. By closing your account all licenses and permissions you have received from these terms will cease immediately.
- You are solely responsible for your connection with other users of the service, on and off the Internet and in the TOPPS app. TOPPS has no responsibility / obligations when it comes to any users actions.
- The service may contain links to third party websites. TOPPS has no control over such third party sites or their content and therefore has no responsibility in this connection.
- You are solely responsible for data charges resulting from the use of the service.
- You agree that content published on TOPPS may belong to third parties and that TOPPS has no control over such content. Therefore, you agree that TOPPS will not be held liable for such content supplied by third parties, that appear on or in the service.
- The content which you publish on TOPPS is your own property. However, for checkins that are newsworthy for TOPPS, we can take screendumps and repost this royalty free worldwide on our website topps.no, our Facebook-page or Instagram-account, or in other marketing of TOPPS. This could for example be from “TOPPS-first-ascents”, like the first user on Mont Blanc. As far as possible we will however try to ask before doing this.
- You agree that if you check in anywhere with the app using hashtags, you give TOPPS the right to publish the check-in or parts of the check-in on TOPPS.no, for example in various TOPPScounts. You also agree that all your check-ins can be featured in statistics in non-identifiable form, also published on other sites / other media.
- TOPPS will never give or sell your email address, name, telephone number, personal identity number or other private information to third parties such as companies or other stakeholders. TOPPS respect other people’s rights and expects you to do the same.
- You hereby agree that TOPPS can place ads / advertisements on the service in connection with your content. TOPPS is not obliged to identify paid services or sponsored content, but will wherever possible do it. How ads and commercials appear, and to what extent, can be changed without you being specifically notified.
- All potential contracts to purchase products or services will be concluded directly between users and providers. TOPPS is not a part in such agreements and will not be held liable for the fulfillment of these agreements.
- The TOPPS name and logo are trademarks of TOPPS and must not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part without written permission of TOPPS. Certain parts of the contents at TOPPS is also correspondingly protected by copyright laws etc.
- Although the intention from TOPPS is that the service as far as possible should be available at any time, it may happen that the service is interrupted by planned maintenance or upgrade, emergency repairs or due to errors in the telecommunications connections and / or equipment. TOPPS take no responsibility / is not liable for such breaches of service.
- TOPPS reserves the right to remove any content from the Service, for any reason without prior notice. Content removed from service may still be stored by TOPPS.
- TOPPS recommends that you take your own backup of your content, TOPPS gives no guarantee for storing content. You agree not to depend on the service for backing up and storing content. TOPPS shall not be liable to you for any modification, interruption or disruption in service, or for loss of contents. Internet can also be compromised, and submitting content or other information is consequently not absolutely safe, without TOPPS being responsible for this.
- You agree that TOPPS is not responsible for and does not endorse the content posted on the service.
- Content you submit to TOPPS is not confidential and TOPPS is not responsible for the use or disclosure of the content you submit. No part of the content will be subject to confidentiality from TOPPS.
- TOPPS is not responsible for assessing any content, information, ideas, suggestions or materials other than those we has specifically requested and which can be tied to specific terms and requirements. This is to avoid misunderstandings if you have ideas similar to those we have developed or are developing independently. TOPPS assumes no responsibility for material or ideas submitted. If you despite this choose to send us content, information, ideas, suggestions or other materials, you agree that TOPPS are free to use the content, information, ideas, suggestions or other material for any purpose, including without limiting the development and marketing of products and services, without obligation to you, and without paying you.
You agree that TOPPS have content specifically provided by TOPPS or a third party, and that such content may contain intellectual property rights. You agree to respect all intellectual property rights, such as copyrights, trademarks, trade names (whether registered or not) contained or displayed on the service, or that you access in connection with use of the service. The list is not exhaustive. You can only use the service content according to what is described in the terms, and you must not use the content of the service in violation of applicable laws or conditions. TOPPS provides no other right to use the said intellectual property rights except as expressly set forth herein.
You agree that your use of the Service is at your own risk. TOPPS make no warranty that your use of the service is legal in all jurisdictions, and TOPPS specifically disclaims such guarantees.
Limitation of liability
TOPPS Parties shall under no circumstances be liable to you for loss or damages of any kind, including without limitation criminal penalties or direct, indirect, economic, special, incidental or consequential loss or damage.
If it is decided in a court or other competent authority that any provision or part of any provision of these Terms is unlawful and / or unenforceable, the other provisions, or the other parts of the provisions still apply.
Law and Jurisdiction
These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Norwegian law. Any disputes in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in Norway.